The Definitive Blackjack Cheat Sheet For 2023
Table of Contents
Blackjack is one of the oldest casino games around and its popularity has grown in recent years with the advent of online casinos. In online casinos, online blackjack real money has some of the best odds or the lowest house edge and it’s a relatively easy game to understand and play. But, even though it is easy to understand and play, it never hurts to have a blackjack cheat sheet on hand to help shore up your odds.
Let’s start with the basics.
Blackjack Card Values
One of the best aspects of blackjack is that the type of card you’re dealt doesn’t really matter. The aim of the game is to get as close to 21 as possible while still beating the dealer’s hand. It doesn’t matter if you have two hearts, a heart and a spade, a 10 and a three – it’s the numerical value of the cards that matter.
Cards numbered from two  up to 10 are the same value as their number i.e. a two of spades if worth two. Face cards (jacks, queens, and kings) all carry a value of 10 and, when it comes to blackjack card values, the ace really is tops because it can be valued at one  or 11. This gives you options and makes the ace a card you definitely want in your hand.
The best place to start with any game is the rules. Blackjack rules are, and should always be, the basis for any blackjack game. Let’s take a look at certain common terms, what they mean, and how you can add it to your blackjack cheat sheet.
- ‘Bust’ is never a word you want to hear in blackjack – it means your time at the table hasn’t gone well. If the player goes bust, they have already lost their wager, even if the dealer goes bust as well.
Hard vs Soft Hand
- The difference between a hard hand and a soft hand is whether or not you have an ace up your sleeve … or in your hand. If one of the cards in your hand is an ace, you have a soft hand. An ace can be counted as either one  or 11 and, if you have a soft hand, it means your chances of busting are almost zero.
- Chip values can differ from casino to casino but, generally, a white chip is worth $1, red is $5, green is $25, black is $100, purple is $500, and orange is $1,000.
- Two of the most important words in online blackjack real money are ‘hit’ and ‘stand’. ‘To hit’ tells the dealer you want an extra card. You can do this verbally, by tapping the table, or, in the case of an online casino, most blackjack variants will have a ‘hit’ and ‘stand’ buttons. ‘To stand’ means you are happy with your cards and that your turn has ended.
Pair Splitting Rules
- Basic strategy and rules indicate that, if you are dealt a pair of identically ranked initial cards, you are allowed to split them into separate hands and ask for a new second card for each while placing a full initial bet identical to the original wager with each.
Doubling Down Rules
- ‘Doubling down’ is another common blackjack action where, on your original two cards, you can double your bet before the dealer gives you another card and you place another bet equal to the first.
- If the cards are not in your favor, you can surrender and half of your original bet is returned to the stack, while the other half is forfeited to the dealer.
Another excellent tenet of the blackjack cheat sheet is an insurance bet. There are many side bets you can make, insurance being one of them. This side bet is offered to the player if the dealer’s up-card is an ace. Essentially, you’re taking out insurance against the dealer’s hand being ‘blackjack’. Blackjack insurance odds payout at 2:1.
Blackjack rummy, not to be confused with rummy, the popular card game, is a bet on your initial two-card hand and the dealer’s up-card, creating a three-card rummy set i.e. three of a kind, a flush, or a straight. This side bet pays 9:1, so it’s an excellent bet to make.
Exercise Your Knowledge at Lucky Creek
Now that you know the rules of online blackjack real money, it’s time to put your money where your mouth is and sign up at Lucky Creek online casino. Your blackjack journey will start with an incredible Welcome Offer of a 200% Match up to $7,500 plus 30 Spins on Big Game (Code: 200GETLUCKY).
Then, we’ll get stuck in with Daily, Weekly, Monthly, and special promotions – like our Win A Car promotion! (Every $25 you deposit is one step closer!). Then, you can head over to our casino games list to find the blackjack variation that works for you, and the winning will commence! Come on down, kick back, relax, and let’s get our spin on! Only at Lucky Creek online casino.